Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Life's Like That...

Assalamu'alaikum...

Son:
I can't believe I'm already in my final year...I'm too young to grad...

Dad:
Your life is just about to begin
For me, I'm already nearing the end, but you still have a long way to go...

Just a conversation I had with my dad in the car during the recent end semester break.

I wonder how's he doing when he was at my age...
He married Ummi at my current age by the way...

The fact that he's married at that time, we're in totally different worldview.
Of course...
A married man, who was an Islamic students leader back in his University (in Tasmania)
VS
a carefree, single student who is still finding his way in this world...

Like I said, 2 completely different worldviews...

No wonder both of them (Ummi and Bab) desperately want me to study or work abroad....
It's the exposure that's important...
They want me to look at this world from a different perspective...
and Alhamdulillah, despite not being able to live abroad yet, I still got a bit of exposure by being in UIA and making friends with local and international students from all around the world...

I learnt to accept differences...
To respect others' worldviews...
and many more...

Like my classmate, the cute Miss Shahnaz always said, we're all wanderers, learners in this life...
I agree with that as life is a continuous learning process...
Even our biological system is continuously learning...
Take our immune system for example...
Exposure of foreign organism initiates sequence of pathways that eventually help and educate our body to overcome the disease.

In life, we'll make mistakes, blunders.
Sometimes, the things that we did affect others' lives also...
in a terrible way, I mean...
we just wish that we could turn back time...
but we couldn't...
unless someone invent a time-travelling machine...

but we shouldn't give up hope...
there's always light at the end of the tunnel...
Make sure we learn something valuable and try to not repeat the same mistakes...

Life's like that.

2 comments:

arcane said...

memancing undi kah ? :P


...it's never too early or too late for something that would bring benefit. u'll see in life,that age doesn't matter, but it's just how you carry yourself. all the best ! ;D

Sanchez said...

maksudnya??